Can I add a debt on my schedule if it was initially forgotten?

After filing the petition, if you discover that an entry is inaccurate or missing, you may typically file an amendment to correct it.  However, filing an the amendment will entail additional fees and costs (filing fee, postage).  So, one should try very hard to list all possible creditors for the initial filing.